Friday 6 August 2010

What to Tweet?

Deciding exactly what to Tweet is going to be an interesting challenge. Some of it is obvious, of course - news and info about the library for starters. Relevant news from the medical faculty, university and hospital - let's put a big tick right there.

But that in itself isn't going to be enough to keep the feed interesting and alive. And in any case, I want this to promote thinking about evidence based medicine in the minds of students and staff. So in addition to the absolute essentials of library, uni and hospital news, here's what I think I'll add:

  • Relevant health news from the media.
  • Appraisals of media heath news from the Behind the Headlines team.
  • Discussions about EBM-related topics from people like Ben Goldacre, the CEBM, Journal Watch and the like.
In some ways, not having the plasma screen up and running will be a help - since it's allowing me to start tweeting from my EBM account knowing that actually not that many people are seeing it at the moment. I can find my "voice", get my pitch right and work out what I should and should not include whilst I have a relatively low profile.

Then, once I start promoting it to my intended audience and (hopefully!) start to get a reasonable number of followers I'll be more confident of having the pitch of my tweets about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment