Wednesday 4 August 2010

Twitter & the Plasma Screen

Long before I decided to do the EBM Twitter feed, I was on Twitter in a social context - but clearly it would be inappropriate for me to mix my personal and professional Twitter personas, especially if I was going to post tweets onto a plasma screen.

Having two Twitter accounts might have been a real pain to manage - but it's actually very easy, thanks to TweekDeck. I can use that to monitor all the Twitter accounts I'm following, either through my social or professional account, and post items to either of my feeds (or to my Facebook account).

It's also made me realise the best way to manage my EBM Twitter feed and the plasma display: I'll have my publicly viewable EBM Twitter feed, and another (yes, a third!) Twitter account specifically for the plasma display.

Using TweetDeck I can then push tweets through to the main Twitter feed and/or to the plasma screen as I see fit - without tying myself up in knots and getting completely confused :)

No comments:

Post a Comment