Tuesday 3 August 2010

A Bit of Background

I've been working as a librarian for 15 years now, and for much of that time as a medical librarian. This, added to my scientific education (a degree in "Physics With Astrophysics", University of Birmingham) has led me to develop a strong interest in the scientific evidence behind medicine.

I feel that it's important that we all (public, media, medical students and medical practitioners) understand what research actually means - and all the factors that can skew medical evidence.

I already contribute a little to this area, through my teaching of medical students and Foundation Doctors - but I want to do more to engage students' and doctors' interest. In part, I hope to achieve this by working more closely with clinical teams in the hospital, but I thought I might also try using a combination of social media and display screen technology to reach people serendipitously.

No comments:

Post a Comment